With Methow Rafting, from the time you arrive at our riverside headquarters to the time you leave, our team works to ensure that your time both on the river and off the river exceeds your expectations. Once you arrive at Methow Rafting we take care of everything you need for the trip, from gear, to instructions, to shuttle, leaving you free to enjoy a spectacular day of adventure and excitement!
Your safety is our number one priority at Methow Rafting. Our kayak trips have a low guest-to-guide ratio to ensure your safety and make sure you get individualized instruction and attention. As part of our commitment to safety, all of our guides are highly trained and experienced boaters and have first aid and CPR training. We use only the highest quality gear and carry first aid and emergency equipment on all of our trips.
We Will Supply:
- Personal flotation device (aka life jacket)
- Wetsuit and splash jacket (depending on weather)
- Booties for your feet
- Raft paddle
- Light snack during your trip (lunch for the Black Canyon Full Day)
What You Should Bring:
- Hat and sunscreen for protection from the sun
- Sunglasses -- We sell croakies and defnintely recommend them on the Black Canyon
- Re-fillable water bottle to reduce plastic waste
- Medications that may be necessary during the trip (ie. asthma inhalers or epi-pen for severe allergic reactions)
- Warm layer (depending on weather) like a fleece or technical wool mid-layer -- NO COTTON
We'll stow medications in our dry bag on board the kayak or raft, incase of emergencies. Please notify us when booking your trip and your guide the day of if you have any medical conditions even if they do not seem relevant - it's always better for us to be aware of any potential situation arrising. If you must bring a camera we recommend only waterproof cameras. Please leave all other personal items in your vehicle or at home.